Yes, at certain IONITY sites chargers have a payment terminal installed which enables ad-hoc payment with a banking card. Acceptable cards are VISA and Mastercard debit and credit cards, as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Payment terminals will be available at all the new sites that are being opened as of summer 2023 across our network. You can find the terminals either installed on each charger or installed on a pole placed near the chargers.
How to use the Contactless NFC Payment Terminal?
- Please do not connect your vehicle.
- Press start on the welcome screen (on the bottom left). The language can be changed, if needed (on the bottom right).
- If you use a payment terminal installed separately, please select the charger which you want to use for you session. You can scroll up and down to find the right charger. If you use the terminal installed on the charger, please skip this point.
- Please hold your credit card or your phone against the card reader to authorize the reserved amount of 40 EUR. NOTE: Card reader is the screen of the terminal.
- Please use the touchscreen keyboard to enter your PIN. This is required, as the preauthorization amount is relatively high.
- Once the terminal shows "APPROVED", plug the charger into your car.
Why does IONITY reserve 40 EUR before you charge your car and how does this work?
In order to offer a smooth payment process, we need to make a pre-authorization/reservation of 40 EUR on your card, to verify that the card is working and that sufficient funds are available to cover the payment.
- Before the charging session, we reserve 40 EUR on your card (or a similar amount in any of the selected currencies for payment)
- If the final amount of your charge is less than the initial reserved amount (40 EUR or a similar amount in any of the selected currencies for payment), we will refund the difference of the reserved amount and the final amount of charge (for example final amount is 30 EUR: 40 EUR - 30 EUR = 10 EUR will be refunded back to you).
- If the final amount of your charge is more than the initial reserved amount (40 EUR or a similar amount in any of the selected currencies for payment), we will reserve the difference of the final amount of charge and the reserved amount (for example final amount is 100 EUR: 100 EUR - 40 EUR = 60 EUR will be additionally reserved and booked from your bank account)
- The invoice/receipt for the payment can be accessed via Receipt Portal by scanning the QR code on the payment terminal or visiting the website at https://receipts.ionity.eu. The invoice will be available generally within 24 hours.
- Overnight IONITY will complete the billing process, which initiates the final booking on your bank card (for example: final amount of 30 EUR will be shown as a final item on your card statement)
- The cancellation of the reservations (40 EUR or the charge amount) can take up to four weeks but in most cases, it is much quicker. This is linked to your bank's processes.
What is the price when paying with Payment Terminal?
The price when paying with the Payment Terminal is the standard IONITY DIRECT price. The Payment Terminals do not support the PASSPORT tariffs; therefore, for PASSPORT tariff, please use the IONITY app. More information can be found on our website: ACCESS & PAYMENT - NETWORK - Home (ionity.eu)
How can I get my invoice/receipt?
Invoices/Receipts for the payment can be accessed via Receipt Portal by scanning the QR code on the payment terminal or visiting the website at https://receipts.ionity.eu.
- Enter the following details: Country of your charge, Date of your charge, Payment method and the last four digits of your credit card.
- Note: If you used Apple Pay or Google Pay, you will need to use the last four digits of the virtual card stored in your Google Wallet or Apple Wallet.
- Important: The receipt portal does not work in Safari browser. Please use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome as an alternative.
After entering the details, you will be able to download the invoice in the PDF format.