Start with RFID / charging card at IONITY stations:
- Select charging point.
- Hold your RFID / charging card in front of the reader. On some of our chargers you need to select "start" on the touchscreen of the charger first, before you can scan your card.
- Connect the charging plug with your car's charging port. Please make sure the plug sits correctly and hold it firmly for 10-20 seconds, until it's locked. Once you hear the charger powering up and the screen showing the active charging session, you can release it.
- After successful authentification the connector will get locked and after a few seconds, charging will start automatically.
- Time indication is given by vehicle, depending on vehicle type.
- After finished charging, unplug connector from your car
If your charging card or RFID card is not accepted or not working, you can start a charge via the IONITY App / Website or QR code displayed on the charger. You can find more information on how to do this under: