NOTE: Please don't connect the charger with you car at this stage. Complete the payment first, then connect the charger.
- Please, scan the QR code at the charger with your mobile phone. You can find the QR code near the charger's display, for example as shown in the below picture. With an iPhone this is possible with the standard camera. For other mobile phones you may require a separate app (QR scanner).
Alternatively you can open the IONITY Payment Website and select the charger manually: https://payment.ionity.eu
Please use the browsers Google Chrome or Safari for the Payment Website.
- If the QR code has been successfully scanned, the respective charging point will be shown on the IONITY Payment Website: https://payment.ionity.eu
Please note: if you use a browser on your phone, other than Google Chrome or Safari, the Payment website may not function correctly. We recommend to use the Payment website with these browsers.
- Follow the steps to start a charge
Occasionally the charger can show as occupied on the webiste despite available and free to use. It is caused by a slight delay in the status update between the charger and the website. In such case, you can still choose the said charger regardless and proceed with the process.
- Follow the steps to complete the payment process
- You might need to authorise the payment. The method used is dependent on your bank. This is in line with EU regulations (PSD2) to make electronic payments safer.
Pre-authorisation amount will be reserved on your credit card (1 EUR or 1 GBP or similar amount in other currencies)
- Connect the charger with your car.