- Open the IONITY App or open the website https://payment.ionity.eu, select under <STATION FINDER> the relevant station in the map by clicking on the location button. You can find an overview of all available charging points / connectors.
- Please check whether the EVSE-ID (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment ID) matches the charger you are standing at. Here is an example for an EVSE-ID:
- Click on <CHARGE NOW>.
- Please choose whether you want to charge as a guest or register. If you already have a login, you can log in directly with your existing access details.
- Create or select means of payment. For credit card payments you need to enter the CVC every time you pay for a charge. The CVC is a three-digit code printed on the credit card.
You might need to authorise the payment. This is in line with EU regulations (PSD2) to make electronic payments safer. The method used is dependent on your bank.
Pre-authorisation amount will be reserved on your credit card or PayPal account
Why is my credit card / PayPal account pre-authorised?
In order to offer a smooth payment process, we need to make a pre-authorisation/reservation on your credit card / PayPal account, to verify that the card is working and that sufficient funds are available to cover the payment.
What does it mean?
Temporarily we reserve 80 EUR (or a similar amount in any of the selected currencies for payment: 85 CHF, 67 GBP, 600 DKK, 800 NOK, 850 SEK, 340 PLN, 27000 HUF, 2000 CZK, 600 HRK).
Your bank may inform you of this by a mobile push message, email or it may show up on your bank statement as a "pending transaction". This may vary from bank to bank.
Please note: the temporary reservation does not amount to a charge on your card / PayPal account and is only held for a certain period of time (for example 7 days). However, the duration of this may vary considerably from bank to bank. Unfortunately, IONITY has no influence on this and is unable to speed up the cancellation of the pre-authorisation amount.
The actual payment or booking of your credit card / PayPal account will only take place once you have successfully completed charging your car. The actual purchase amount will then be charged to your credit card / PayPal account and the pre-authorisation released. If you entered your email address, you will automatically receive an invoice.
- Connect the charging station connector with your car.
- Click <START> in the IONITY App / on the Website to start the charging process.